Because every child should be kept safe
Posted on 22/12/15 | Posted in Main News
At Teaching Force we take the protection of children and young people very seriously and our team have been fully trained by child protection experts at the NSPCC, with David Boon our Head of Schools the designated safeguarding lead.
We are an innovative recruiter in the education sector and send a variety of Teaching Professionals into schools across the region. In order to protect both our candidates and our schools we have a number of strict procedures and policies in place.
Before our candidates are able to work with us they must comply with the following Teaching Force vetting and compliance procedures:
- Complete the government’s online Channel Prevent training course
- Complete an online Safeguarding course with Teaching Force (within the last 12 months)
- Provide 2 written professional references to cover the previous 2 years
- Provide a DBS certificate – Teaching Force will check the status and validity
- Provide a signed and dated ‘Disqualification by Association’ declaration
- Provide 10 years employment history (gaps of 3 months or more should be explained)
- Provide original proof of identity documents, address, right to work, national insurance and qualifications
- Satisfy an NCTL check to confirm valid qualified teacher status, have no active restrictions against them and have passed an induction
- Satisfy an oversees police check (if a candidate has worked abroad for a period of 6 months or more in the last 5 years)
- Complete a signed declaration for fitness and health capacity to work as required by Education Health Standards (England) 2003 Regulations
Our candidates and clients can also be reassured that Teaching Force have a full disciplinary and complaints procedure in place should an allegation be made.
David Boon recently attended the NSPCC’s 2 day training course designed for all Designated Safeguarding lead’s (DSL) in an education environment. He comments..
“At Teaching Force we don’t want to just meet regulations we want to exceed them, setting the bar for the industry and as a result we have built safeguarding into the foundations of our business.” He continues “Schools that work with us can be confident that if the unthinkable happens, Teaching Force will support the school’s DSL, the councils Designated Officer and any other agency that needs to be involved.”